Thursday, May 22, 2008

April 13th-May 21st

Haven't taken the time, or had much time to get going on my blog.
Majority of these days if I get to Tina it's late and I'm riding her 'til dark-thirty! I've still been getting to her 4, maybe 5 days a week, but these last 2 1/2 weeks I'm gonna try to get to her every day 'til the Challenge in Sacramento.
Got a pretty good handle on the girl. We are backing nice and have good lateral movement. I'm hoping to have her backing in frame and to be able to half pass. Our turn around is getting there... still needs to be smoother and consistent.
Tina has a very nice lope, she's picking her leads up. I've ridden outside a few times, but mostly in the arena and over some obstacles that I have set up. She's jumping logs, both in hand and under saddle. She is good about a little bridge and side passing astraddle logs. I haven't done any tarp work yet or been around much water. Hoping to get her around cattle if the neighbors need my help.
I used Tina in another afternoon clinic we had the first part of May.... ground work as well as in the saddle.
We were gonna take her to a local horse show a few weeks ago, so I figured I'd better get her loading in a trailer ( the night before of course! ) She jumped in the horse trailer after about 5-10 minutes, but she caught the rubber mat with her hind feet and rolled it underneath herself and that scared her perty good. Spent the next hour just getting her to stand next to the trailer comfortable. Obviously, I didn't have the time the next morning to take her with me.
Today, 21st, I worked with loading in and out of trailers. When I quit 1 1/2 hr later, I had her trotting along side of me and jumping in the trailer.
Tina is a nice little filly, and will make someone a nice mount.
We want to thank our sponsors..... Greater Ralston South Devon, McGregors, Columbia Knot Co. and Wysop Motors for their generosity!!!

No comments: